Search Senior Product ManagerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0039353
Imagine a career where you…
- Build a product that will deliver a world class experience for eBay buyers
- Own the product roadmap and experience across markets
- Collaborate with partner teams to leverage best practices, insights and innovations
What’s in it for you
- Develop yourself as a product manager well-versed in Search, Machine-learning, marketplaces, and e-commerce
- Grow as a storyteller that weaves data into decisions that transform the user experience
- Join a world-class, cross-functional team that delivers substantial results for eBay and great experience for our buyers
What’s the role
- The Search team is responsible for the search page that drives a large part of eBay’s core marketplace business. It operates within the Buyer Experience charter, tasked with creating world-class user experiences that buyers love. The Search team strives to build an experience that enables users to easily explore, find, and buy what they want at the best value through an engaging, frictionless, and trusted Search experience, helping them make confident purchase decisions
Primary Job responsibilities
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager, who is passionate about online commerce, machine learning and buyer experience, to join the Search product team. The person will primarily be responsible for driving the product strategy and execution of a growth stage Search product, which will drive a significant impact on the business
- The candidate must be a strategic thinker and able to synthesize data from multiple sources (including analytics, user research, marketing research, and design) to identify key customer unmet needs and solutions that can address the needs
- The candidate must be data-driven and analytical to draw insights from current product performance to deliver on key user metrics
- The candidate will need to work with a large number of teams within eBay to make the vision of the product successful, so building close, effective relationships with partner Product Managers will be critical.
- In addition, this person will translate product strategy into detailed specifications, make functional and user interface design tradeoffs, manage product launches and own the product successes post-launch. Having the experience and ability to write clear, consistent and detailed product specs will be essential.
- He or she will work closely with a cross-functional team of engineering, design, analytics, product marketing, and user research to deliver these products.
- 6+ years of product management or related experience. Passionate about quality products.
- Strong understanding of user interaction, design, and research
- Strong analytic skills and ability to synthesize data from multiple sources
- Demonstrated experience in writing unambiguous and clear technical specifications
- Experience working closely with internal partners on product planning, design, and development
- Experience successfully managing multiple projects through product life cycle from concept to delivery while meeting schedules and budget
- Passionate advocate for user, and has proven results in achieving superb user experience within tight constraints
- Strong cross functional team leader
- Demonstrated leadership ability, self-motivated and directed, entrepreneurial ability to innovate quickly
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent industry experience
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: