Security PM - flexible US locationsSan Jose, California
New York, New York
Melbourne, Florida Requisition Number R0039576
ebay is looking for Senior Product Managers, location flexible in US
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We come from many backgrounds and experiences which helps make eBay a diverse, dynamic and exciting place to work. You will have the opportunity of working directly with product and technology leaders in our headquarters as well as international counterparts to deliver impactful products on a global scale.
In the Infrastructure Engineering organization we provide platforms, tools, and services that are the foundation of the applications that make up the eBay site. There is an ongoing need to provide Security services across the IE domains which would ensure the appropriate security posture for all the applications on the site, while minimizing the effort required by the rest of the product teams to align with Global IS policies.
Role and Responsibilities:
The IE Security Product Manager
- Serves as the owner for the Security product portfolio across the Infrastructure Engineering organization
- Develops the vision and defines the strategy for the security products for IE in collaboration with executive management
- Owns product communication via mail, blogs, and live sessions to partners for all product lifecycle events include releases, training
- Engages customers, partners, and internal stakeholders to align business requirements, technical considerations and strategic goals
- Continuously drives product depth, quality and capabilities to align with security, governance, and compliance requirements.
- Serves as product owner within the scrum team(s) defining the roadmap and working with the Program Manager and engineers to deliver a quality product.
- Experience building security products on a public or private cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure, OpenStack, Kubernetes)
- 7 plus years of Product Management experience
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, working at all levels from Executive Management to individual contributor engineers
- Experience delivering products in an agile/lean environment
- Record of success in building alliances with teams in matrix environment
- Previous cloud infrastructure experience
- Expertise in cloud native architectures
- Experience with security and compliance frameworks
- Understanding of secure software development lifecycle from coding to deployment
- Detailed understanding of infrastructure lifecycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge using agile methodologies
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or MBA
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: