Senior Manager, Federal TaxSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0037063 Subsidiary eBay
We are a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce! Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to building an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of!
eBay Tax is looking for an experienced Federal tax professional to join our global tax operations team. As the Senior Manager, you will have a meaningful role within the tax department. You will be part of a team of 8+ professionals who are responsible for managing US federal and state tax compliance, supporting US federal and state tax controversy and driving the domestic income tax provision. As a critical member of a world-class tax operations team you will collaborate closely with out internal and external tax technology experts , the treasury and accounting teams, federal and state agencies and external service providers to drive operational improvements in how we deliver tax services to our customers. The Senior Manager reports into the Director, Tax Provision and Compliance.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and mentor direct reports and other members of the tax team;
- Review quarterly and annual work papers used to support the tax provision;
- Supervise the preparation of federal and state income tax returns, and estimates and extensions;
Support the tax department with technical research on various tax issues, including accounting method changes;
- Review tax account forecasts and monthly accruals;
- Assist with tax integration for acquired subsidiaries;
- Drive tax process optimization;
- Assist with research and supervision of responses to notices regarding federal, state, and local tax issues;
- Develop, plan, and execute tax refund claims;
- Support and/or manage domestic audits to successful completion;
- Drive the completion of various tax projects, e.g. §199 deduction, research credit; reportable transactions, etc.;
- Maintain accurate audit and compliance documentation.
What You'll Need:
Candidates for this position should have BA/BS in Accounting or Finance. A CPA is highly desirable as is a Master’s in Taxation. A minimum of 10 years of federal and state tax compliance experience is required, 12 years is desired. A strong educational and technical tax background in tax research, consulting, and compliance as it relates to U.S. tax specialties is desired. In addition, this individual should possess the following skills:
- Strong analytical skills, and experience applying these skills to resolve operational tax issues;
- Experience with tax preparation software, preferably ONESOURCE Income Tax;
- Experience with Alteryx and SharePoint is a plus;
- Attention to detail through academic and/or managed audit experience;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to deliver top flight work in a fast growth environment;
- Desire to learn new skills; and ability to work as a part of a larger group.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: