Senior Product ManagerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0036720 Subsidiary eBay
At eBay, you will be part of a purpose-driven community dedicated to creating an ambitious and versatile work environment. In eBay Payments, you will be an integral member of a growing organization that inspires passion, courage, and inventiveness - creating the future of global commerce and making an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking for a special place to take your Payments career to the next level, we want to talk with you.
Sr. Product Manager - Payments Platform
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping global commerce? Join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of. eBay is one of the top global marketplaces with the mission to connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating economic opportunity for all.
eBay is looking for an experienced Product Manager to help design, shape, and drive product capabilities for the eBay’s Payments Platform. We believe that the end customer experience is a derivative of our platform capabilities. Developing a platform to support multiple geographies carries with it many challenges. The ideal candidate will have previously developed global product strategies that enable and drive innovation and go-to-market efficiency. He or she will work closely with in-country and regional business leaders, product and domain leads to identify and build core capabilities, improve utility of features common to multiple key partners, and efficiently solve for local functionalities critical to market success. Additionally, he or she should have a proven ability to build relationships and influence across the organization at all levels, as well as outstanding communication and presentation abilities.
- Define product strategy and roadmap for Payments Platform in a capability driven approach; have a global viewpoint and extend applications across use cases
- As the Product Owner, provide clear product vision to your scrum team and co-lead the Agile scrum team with engineering counterpart to execute on roadmap with clear milestones.
- Clearly set the product/backlog prioritization with a balance of near-term deliverables and longer-term investment in technology platforms
- Translate commerce requirements into generic payments platform capabilities that are extensible to multiple payment processors, payment types and models
- Be the product evangelist and partner closely with business and engineering leaders
- Effectively communicate strategies & trade-offs up to senior leaders and down to development team
- Synthesize market changes and technology improvements into actionable improvements for the platform
- Subject matter expertise in technologies and products required to bring payments solutions to market, at scale and globally
- Experience with agile development process
- Asks the right questions to formulate product perspective and present requirements
- Balances technical and business acumen; able to communicate what is possible and what will have the biggest impact on business
- Builds positive relationships internally and externally; an active listener and clear communicator;
- 5-8 years of strong product management experience
- Strong experience in payments domain
- Engineering/MBA degree preferred
- Past experience in product development or platform product management would be ideal
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: