Security SWE - Flexible U.S. LocationsSan Jose, California
New York, New York
Draper, Utah Requisition Number R0039983
**eBay is looking for Software Security Engineers, location may be flexible in U.S.**
We are looking for a highly motivated software security engineer to join eBay’s Global Information Security team to take on the problems of tomorrow while continuing to build and secure the foundation of today.
About this role:
You would partner with Risk, core technology and product teams regularly, to develop solutions to detect and mitigate fraud attempts.
- Senior software developer with experience working on fraud reduction through foundational product security fixes
- Implementation experience with Security Malware and Phishing prevention solutions.
- Experience with working in the Security / Risk / Fraud space to build end-end security solutions to reduce monetary losses due to security loopholes and fraud
- Ability to conduct deep dive investigations into fraud / risk abuse patterns in the product code
- Experience working with Big Data systems and Data analysis techniques is preferred
- Knowledge of integration of Security automation solutions like LGTM and Open Source Security solutions is preferred
- This role will require a focus on fixing the foundational security and risk gaps in eBay Applications
- BSCS degree or an MS degree with appropriate years of experience; We prefer 6-8 years of hands on development experience.
- Good understanding of OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities as it relates to secure product development
- Experience on developing product solutions aiming to minimize frauds in monetary transactions required
- Over 5 years of related hands-on product development experience with web applications is required; some experience in application security space will be nice-to-have.
- Strong development experience in Java and Node.js, and familiarity with databases (MongoDB or Hadoop) is required. Knowledge of other technologies like PHP, Python, Content management systems is a plus.
- Working experience with product development teams in a continuous delivery developer role is highly desirable.
- Should be able to deep dive into existing code to detect and remediate security flaws.
- Self-starter and Effective communicator;
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and with a highly motivated team of top level security experts
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: