Senior Software Engineer, Back EndSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0039223 Subsidiary eBay
Seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Checkout- Order Management team at eBay in MTS 1 role. This position will require the candidate to work directly with our business partners to research, develop and deploy next generation web applications on multiple technologies for high volume transaction environments. The candidate is expected to be effective as an individual contributor, team player, and a champion for results and incremental improvement. In addition to this, the candidate will be expected to have an excellent grasp of designing and implementing frameworks and architectures based on internal and external standards.
• Design and deliver highly scalable multi-tiered distributed software applications
• Design and implement frameworks/architectures based on internal and external standards
• Strong quality and security focus including automation, design reviews, and unit testing
• Performing analysis and fine tuning of page performance and reliability
• Analyzing the scoping effort for best practices and efficiency
• Develop and support projects throughout all phases of the development life cycle
• Conceptualizing, coding, deploying, and iterating on next generation prototypes
• Work well independently and in multi-group cross-discipline environments
• Lead product initiatives, recommend improvements, mentor and guide junior team members.
• Flexible approach to analyzing technical issues and clearly communicating recommendations/solutions
• Cross team development with Product managers, Project managers, engineers, and QA to deploy innovative solutions to meet business unit requirements
• Share release management duties for roll-outs.
• Support for on-call duties to resolve site issues
• Proficient in waterfall and agile development methodologies
• Creating testing harness/infrastructure/test cases/automation geared towards ensuring quality of product
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• Experience in software design and application development
• Experience in developing high performance, scalable and available web services.
• Experience developing extensible APIs and highly maintainable services
• Experience with relational, non-relational and big data stores
• Knowledge of object-oriented and functional programming, reactive and asynchronous design patterns
• Experience in designing, developing and delivering software and/or platforms used by other developers
• Strong Object Oriented design methodology and experience using Java, JSP, JDBC and ability to learn new languages as needed
• Good understanding of web services and SOA related standards like REST/OAuth/JSON
• Experience with agile development practices like Scrum
• Experience with Elastic Search and Python a plus
• Excellent communication and writing skills
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: