Senior Software Engineer, Back EndSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0040572 Subsidiary eBay
At eBay, you will be part of a purpose-driven community dedicated to creating an ambitious and versatile work environment. In eBay Payments, you will be an integral member of a growing organization that inspires passion, courage, and inventiveness - creating the future of global commerce and making an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking for a special place to take your Payments career to the next level, we want to talk with you.
We are seeking a seasoned Software Engineer who is passionate about utilizing the latest technologies to bring our Payments platform forward with respect to functionality, performance, scalability and reliability. The candidate will work closely with Product Management, Architects and the Operations teams. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity, join us to build a world-class Payments platform.
What will you do?
- Launch critical projects & lead all phases of the software development life cycle ~ requirement/design reviews, development, testing and code reviews.
- Develop innovative solutions that meet market needs and adherence to implementation schedules, development goals and principles
- Create testing harness/infrastructure/test cases/automation geared towards high quality products
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes
- Lead product initiatives, recommend improvements, mentor junior team members
- Identify project risks and work effectively to mitigate them
- Share release management duties on feature rollouts
- Profile & optimize key components for the Payments stack to enhance L&P metrics
- Ability to think out of the box in solving real world problems
- A portfolio or work samples demonstrating coding skills (e.g. links to GitHub repository)
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Bachelor's degree with 7+ years of experience
- Master’s degree with 5+ years of experience
- Payment Industry experience a plus
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: