Senior Software Engineer - QualitySan Jose, California Requisition Number R0039647 Subsidiary eBay
As a key contributor to eBay Inc.’s Seller Marketing Team, the successful candidate will work on the design and implementation of eBay’s next generation seller marketing platform that powers eBay’s engineering community. Work with fellow engineers, architects, managers, as well as QE, Load & Performance, and Operations teams to develop high quality products. Prioritize projects, plan implementations, and triage production issues. We build critical software that have immediate impacts on millions of eBay users throughout the world. We are seeking a top-tier software engineer who is passionate about utilizing the latest technologies to bring the best user experience to our customers. The candidate is encouraged to be a self-starter and an excellent teammate, a strong driver for results. Collaborate with engineers, business units, product management, architects, and operations teams to build solutions in the Selling domain. Design, develop and test major features while working in an Agile Scrum team.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Design, develop and lead Quality Engineering initiatives to support eBay's Selling group. As part of the Selling QE team, this individual will be responsible for the oversight and development of testing framework, as well as functional, regression and integration testing of new and existing features end-to-end.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and DevOps tools like GitHub, Jenkins.
- Be able to articulate, evaluate and evangelize testing strategies and apply them in eBay's context.
- Work with Product Development, Product Management, Quality Engineering, Load & Performance, and Operations teams to develop innovative testing solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to testing goals and principles.
- Estimate testing effort, prioritize projects, plan implementations, and help rollout system changes.
- Identify process, technology challenges and deficiencies that need to be addressed and drive those changes to successful adoption.
- Recommend coding solutions, fix bugs and solve problems.
- Proactively identify and resolve resource conflicts and set priorities for parallel projects.
- Identify project risks and be able to provide alternatives for reducing risk.
- Create test plans and test cases for new assigned features as well as develop test tools for automation/regression testing.
- Job Qualifications
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms.
- Proficient in Java and(or) NodeJS. Must be experienced in RESTful/SOA Services/API testing, API contract testing, integration, E2E testing.
- Knowledge of frameworks such as TestNG or Cucumber are a plus.
- Experience in API software testing using automated tools including, Soap UI, Postman, Selenium and knowledge of Jmeter is a plus.
- Experience in modern JS UI testing frameworks such as WebDriver.io, Cypress.js and Puppeteer would be a plus and an asset
- Passionate about writing code and highly motivated to learn eBay technology stack.
- Experience with database processing and the ability to write SQL queries and knowledge of NoSQL databases are a plus.
- Experience in cross-platform client testing (iOS, Android, Chrome, IE, Safari, Firefox etc.) and proficient in one of the platforms such as Selenium Grid, BrowserStack etc.,
- Experienced in requirements analysis, test planning, creation of test cases for the full spectrum of test types and phases, test data & environment preparation, test execution and test status reporting.
- Familiarity with builds systems like Maven/Ant and Continuous Integration frameworks like Jenkins.
- Strong communication, problem analysis/resolution skills
- Ability to work on simultaneous projects in a highly dynamic environment
- Understanding of various development methodologies like Agile is highly desirable
- Basic Qualifications
- At least 3 years of experience in software development/quality engineering
- MSCS/MSEE highly desirable, BSCS or BSEE or other four-year degree in a relevant field is required
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: