Site Merchandising InternSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0040296 Subsidiary eBay
About the team:
eBay’s Americas organization is where it all started and it’s a critical segment of the business. We’ve been doing this for almost 25 years. And we're just as passionate about it today as when we founded the company in 1995.
About the role:
Our Soft Goods merchandising team is looking for talented and motivated team member to join our team as a Site Merchandising intern. This role will focus on site merchandising, where the intern will employ innovative techniques to deliver a best-in-class online shopping experience. In this role, you will learn how to improve ‘shopability’ by optimizing our site and ensuring our inventory and content are presented with an elevated/relevant look and feel. You will be using web analytics to promote the discoverability and selection of products to ensure we meet our customers’ needs and interests.
The successful candidate will be eager to learn and motivated by an ambitious, fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
- Optimize the on-site customer experience, with a laser focus on eBay’s spectrum of value offering.
- Analyze competitive sites and market standards to develop improvements to overall customer shopping experience for respective site pages.
- Effectively build customer experience working with our Site Merchants to deliver robust selection, inspiring content and clear consistent navigation across desktop, mobile, and app platforms.
- Optimize the browse experience to ensure our shoppers can easily find the right product, at the right time, at the right price!
- Analyze the performance and report on site metrics; make recommendations for improving site conversion and customer engagement.
- Support other Site Merchants with projects and deliverables that ensure cultural relevance on our key landing pages.
- Working towards an BA/BS
- Accomplished educational resume including GPA, Activities and leadership roles
- Demonstrated passion for ecommerce and merchandising
- Experience working effectively within a team
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Aptitude for being organized with flexibility to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Comfortable with a varied set of software and ability to learn new tools quickly
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel this is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
Disclaimer: Please note that by applying to this role, you are agreeing to be considered for multiple positions. This is a general description of the qualifications and skills required for positions of this type of role.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: