Software Quality Engineer, Full StackSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0039076
At eBay, you will be part of a purpose-driven community dedicated to creating an ambitious and versatile work environment. In eBay Payments, you will be an integral member of a growing organization that inspires passion, courage, and inventiveness - creating the future of global commerce and making an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking for a special place to take your Payments career to the next level, we want to talk with you! The Payments Gateway Product Development team is looking to hire an outstanding Full Stack Software Quality Engineer to help build great products for our users at eBay.
Who We Are:
We are a team focused on building new capabilities that enable our sellers to better manage their Finances on eBay. We work across the tech stack - UI (NodeJS, React, Angular), Backend (Java, Kafka, NoSQL).
What You Will Do:
- Design, develop and support projects throughout all phases of the software development process
- Develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and alignment to development goals and principles
- Participate in all aspects of PDLC including requirement/design reviews as well as code reviews.
- Create testing harness/infrastructure/test cases/Automation geared towards ensuring quality of the product
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes
- Lead product initiatives, recommend improvements, mentor and guide junior team members
- Identify project risks and work effectively to mitigate them
- Share release management duties on feature rollouts,
- Develop industry and product technical expertise
- Find and help fix stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment
- Ability to think out of the box in solving real world problems.
- A portfolio or work samples demonstrating coding skills (e.g links to Github repository from open source contributions).
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent professional experience.
- Payment/FinTech Industry experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of experience
- Masters degree with 1+ years of experience
Here at eBay, we love building opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: