Software Quality EngineerSan Jose, California
New York, New York Requisition Number R0036318 Subsidiary eBay
Senior Software Engineer in Quality, with extensive experience in complete ownership of Product Quality, along with end-to-end quality for an Ads product such as Promoted Listings.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
- Write automation testing in Java, Junit, Selenium and other internal Java-based automation frameworks for Frontend, SOA/Services and messaging components
- Contribute to developing sophisticated, stable, internal Java automation frameworks increasing efficiency, re-usability and flexibility.
- Help develop and enhance eBay’s continuous integration framework, merging build/compile/test/validate processes with scheduling, automated notifications and graduated build deployments
- Help set vision for automation frameworks, continuous integration environments and test strategies across teams
- Influence development and architecture counterparts to design for testability
- Define overall test strategy for assigned features.
- Estimate testing effort, prioritize projects, plan implementations and help rollout changes
- Develop deep understanding of the product, engineering processes, tools and concepts in order to effectively narrow down defects
- Coordinate testing across multiple teams
- Participate in product and technology initiatives and recommend improvements
- Work with other QE engineers, product managers, and product developers to ensure that product specifications describe innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability, and result in achievable implementation schedules and a product that meets agreed-upon quality standards
- Identify process, technology challenges and deficiencies that need to be addressed and drive those changes to successful adoption
- Identify project risks, dependencies and be able to provide alternatives yielding reduced risk
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: