Software Quality EngineerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0035788 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that encourages passion, courage and innovation, where you can be part of the team crafting future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated revolutionizing the way we shop and bring communities together, join eBay.
Are you interested in a Quality Engineering role requiring analytical, innovative problem solvers who can build cutting edge testing technologies and use next-generation automation techniques to successfully certify and automate eBay’s core marketplace platform? We have a place for you!
We are looking for a passionate, self-motivated, and top-notch software quality engineers to join our team to build and certify the most crucial payments processing component in the eBay marketplace. As a self-motivated member of our team, you will work with very talented peers in a fun environment building extraordinary risk products. You will work in an agile environment with a focus on quality engineering perfection and problem solving.
As a team member of the Payments Graph team, you will be testing products involving payment session management and payment processing.
Detailed Job Duties:
- Write automation testing in Java, Junit and other internal Java-based automation frameworks for Frontend, SOA/Services and messaging components
- Contribute to developing sophisticated, stable, internal Java automation frameworks increasing efficiency, re-usability and flexibility
- Help develop and enhance eBay’s continuous integration framework, merging build/compile/test/validate processes with scheduling, automated notifications and graduated build deployments
- Work with engineers, team leads, managers to help developing innovative testing solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and alignment to testing goals and principles
- Influence development and architecture counterparts to design for testability
- Mentor and train other engineers, lead larger projects, prioritize test activities and find creative solutions to blocking issues and problems
- Experience developing and/or testing Soap/XML/Rest & Java/JUnit and java-based applications required
- Experience of continuous integration test environments (like Hudson) and automation frameworks like Selenium/WebDriver/TestNG
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS, being able to read and write SQL queries
- Planning skills to design test plans and test cases for larger multi-component products across multiple resources and parallel development tracks
- Quality Assurance background, including JUnit/Code Coverage (Emma)/Mock concepts/Static Analysis is appreciated
- Ability to communicate effectively with developers, operations, release management
- Experience in Agile Testing practices is a plus
- Master’s degree in CS, EE or other technical field 3 years working experience, or bachelor’s with 5 years working experience
Here at eBay, we love crafting opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: