Sr. Accounting Systems AnalystSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0038438 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay aims to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and redefining.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world. The technologies and services that power our platforms are designed to enable sellers worldwide to organize and offer their inventory for sale, and buyers to find and purchase it, virtually anytime and anywhere. In 2018, eBay enabled $95 billion of gross merchandise volume.
The Controller-ship organization is looking for a highly motivated individual with a combination of business process and systems, project management, and data analysis skills to assume a role within the Controller Accounting Systems team. Ideal candidates will demonstrate their extensive systems, project management and process knowledge to be able to analyze, communicate and consolidate financial data analyses from multiple systems to give significantly to a winning organization. The successful candidate will find him/herself surrounded by sharp professionals with diverse backgrounds, operating in a fast-paced, intellectual, and collaborative environment. This is an individual contributor position that reports to the Senior Manager.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work in a cross functional role spanning the Accounting, Finance, Tax, Global Billing, Product Management, Product Development, Data Warehouse and IT teams to ensure fluid integration of new business operation initiatives within Marketplace processes and systems. This includes reviewing new eBay Site, Tax, Global Billing, and Payment Processing initiatives to figure out impact to the revenue and payment reconciliation systems.
- Activities include concept development, requirements gathering, user acceptance testing, data and reporting models, and production implementation from a process and operational standpoint.
- Lead projects in multiple domains and provide product, project, operational and business overview to management in the form of meetings and presentations.
- Lead sophisticated, system intensive reconciliations in accordance with financial close deadlines. Includes active participation in the review of the systems and reconciliation processes with internal and external auditors.
- Diagnose data quality/bad transaction issues by drilling down complex data structures to extract the root cause of variances between multiple systems and effectively communicate the results and potential solutions to accounting and technology teams.
- Inspire change with cross functional teams and across matrix to ensure comprehensive project coverage. Handle risks, prioritize effectively, and work to problem solve timely.
- Effectively resolve conflict, navigate roadblocks and drive decision making when critical issues arise.
- Consistently evaluate operational processes and systems to identify and implement improvement initiatives with the goal of automating and introducing efficiency into existing processes.
- Candidates for this position must have at least 6 - 8 years of proven experience and a BS degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or closely related field. Past experiences must include project management, working with sophisticated systems, knowledge of operational accounting processes and systems, and reconciliation concepts. Proven experience at a global growth company is a plus. Are you a self-starter confirmed proven work ethic, and possess the following:
- Ability to lead projects and programs across multiple domains with little direction from manager.
- Ability to understand at a detailed level a complex systems architecture in which data flows between interconnected systems managed by different teams.
- Ability to manage various partners to ensure process and systems are designed and implemented in accordance with requirements
- Demonstrate a sense of problem awareness, an aptitude for critical and analytical thinking and problem solving, an ability to break down and improve systems and processes, and a vision for future needs.
- Strong finance and/or accounting functional expertise, business process knowledge.
- Effective interpersonal skills – including capability to listen to the needs of others, research and comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present findings as well as recommendations in both oral and written form.
- Superb attention to detail and able to deliver results in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Comfort with initiating and responding to change; proven track record to identify, develop and implement process/systems improvements.
- Appreciation of eBay’s cultural values and behaviors and the ability to work well within a team environment.
- Tax, Billing & payments experience highly desirable
We love crafting opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: