Sr. AnalystSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0036114 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a significant impact on people across the world. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for working with small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
Our team leads all aspects of eBay’s finance, analytics, and information technology functions – including controllership, procurement, financial planning and analysis, tax, treasury, audit, mergers and acquisitions, and investor relations. At eBay, we love data, so finance plays a significant role in establishing strategic focus, enabling growth, ensuring execution and driving efficiencies across the organization.
The Americas Business Performance team owns the short range and the long range forecasts for GMV & Revenue for eBay Americas. In this role you will work closely with the Head of Business performance to build models to drive forecast decisions. In addition, you will drive the weekly & monthly cadences and reporting packages which include the Weekly 2 Week forecast ; the monthly M cycle & Weekly Business Review.
Your Background & Skills
- 5+ years of experience in analytics
- Analytic Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret significant themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to tackle problems with effective solutions
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective partnerships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to get results; proficiency in retail math
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: