Sr. Global Mobility ManagerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0039203 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and flawless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay aims to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and redefining.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
In your role as a Sr. Global Mobility Manager, you will be responsible for the ongoing management and refinement of eBay’s domestic and international mobility program, including ongoing policy development, implementation, and interpretation. Reporting to the Director of Global Mobility, this position will be responsible for providing key support to the company’s global mobile workforce consisting of a global relocation footprint covering over 30 countries. The Sr. Global Mobility Manager will act as an advisor to internal leadership, managers, people business partners, and employees regarding all global revocations and will coordinate with all internal People teams on policy issues. The Sr. Global Mobility Manager will ensure compliance with applicable company policies and governmental regulations through effective management of external delivery partners (e.g., relocation, tax, immigration, etc.). Your
- Facilitates ongoing analysis to ensure eBay’s global mobility programs are competitively designed and ensure a positive employee experience with a cost-efficient structure.
- Refines and administers program policies/guidelines (including relocation, tax, immigration, equalization) to ensure accurate application.
- Partner with eBay’s offices worldwide to ensure a consistently exceptional global mobility experience.
- Increase program efficiencies by acting as a key liaison with external delivery partners (relocation, tax immigration, etc.); participates in the review of contracts/service agreements to increase efficiencies where possible.
- Generate and review cost estimates, initiate revocations, consult on policies, field questions and coordinate approval.
- Partner with the business to design relocation packages prioritizing employee experience while maximizing efficiency based on parameters of assignment (ex. short-term, extended business trip, long-term, etc.).
- Oversee the compensation delivery process for international assignee's, partner with Payroll and Global Stock teams to ensure accurate, timely delivery of pay and hypothetical tax deductions.
- Forecast assignment renewals and localization's; initiate and coordinate repatriations and localization processes.
- Ensure compliance with overseas taxing authorities as it pertains to tax payments.
- Track and coordinate tax equalization results and tax refunds to ensure accurate and timely reconciliation of cost accruals.
- Update and maintain tax equalization policy, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 8 or more years of experience administering expatriate and relocation programs working directly with individuals from varying countries.
- CPA and/or Global Mobility Certification strongly preferred.
- Global mobility experience in a Fortune 500 company in high-tech, Big Four. Accounting/Consulting Firm, or top tier Relocation Management Company.
- Experience with sophisticated Global Mobility programs – rotational, business travelers, extended business trips, commuters, M&A and divestiture activity, interns, etc.
- Thorough understanding of international assignment compensation and philosophy.
- Comfort level articulating and dealing with numbers in foreign currencies as well as explaining mathematical calculations around the cost of living allowances, including exchange rate and inflation factors.
- Knowledge of US tax system; Broad knowledge of international tax, cross-border payroll issues, and the mechanics of tax equalization.
- Demonstrated success working both strategically and tactically in global mobility.
- Experience managing external vendor relationships; understanding of elements of relocation policies, home sales, supplier management, relocation expense/payroll consolidation.
- Superior customer interaction skills; sensitivity to the need to explain unfamiliar concepts around compensation and benefits to employees from different countries/cultures.
- High level of personal integrity and excellent judgment and decision making skills - capable of balancing good governance with high quality client service.
- Committed to confidentiality and appropriate handling of employee and dependent data.
- Excellent database leadership skills; proficient in Excel and Word.
If you are smart, passionate, innovative, culturally open, curious and collaborative, we’d like to hear from you. eBay is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts and embraces the brightest minds and creates a culture that welcomes a diversity of ideas and perspectives while encouraging growth and exciting performance. Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: