Sr Manager - Global OperationsSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0041470 Subsidiary eBay
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
About the team:
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay aims to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and disrupting.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
This position will report directly to the Sr. Director of Global Security & Resiliency (GSR) and will be responsible for establishing strategic objectives, creating operational plans and delivering programs to mitigate the physical security risks and threats to eBay’s people, property and processes on a global scale.
While this position will be primarily responsible for GSR operations, it will also augment responsibilities and coordination when needed of other GSR functions to include, Crisis Management, Resiliency, Business Continuity, Investigations & Threat Management, and Executive Protection.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Lead the GSR Operations division (including our GSOC functions) by providing both strategic and operational oversight.
- Ensure the development of an ethical team culture passionate about accountability, openness and operational efficiency.
- Develop and deliver innovative programs and technology solutions to support the department’s mission, and to ensure the consistent delivery of world-class services on a global scale.
- Supervise key performance indicators to assist GSR leadership with resolving gaps and recommend organizational change techniques for improvements.
- Provide mentorship of junior staff and work to build career development and qualification opportunities for team members
- Build and maintain strong internal relationship with key partners across all business units and functions, including but not limited to Legal, Human Resources, Corporate Communications and Information Security.
- Lead the coordination and project management efforts of the Security Operations team, to include vetting new contractors globally, looking after customer service challenges, and ensuring a consistent high level of performance.
- Run global vendors and RFP processes.
- Network oriented - Building strong internal and external relationships
- Strong leaders with outstanding analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities
- Effective communicators with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- An outstanding work ethic with a high degree of integrity.
- A detailed understanding of standard methodologies in physical security strategies, principles, standards, policies and procedures.
- Experience in program development, delivery and statistical performance analysis.
- Experienced in quality assurance techniques and strategies to supervise and improve services and ensure compliance with contractually set service level agreements (SLAs).
- Project management and interpersonal skills.
- Makes sound decisions in ambiguous or difficult situations, including when under pressure
- The ability to adapt to changing priorities or tasks and to work under sometimes stressful conditions with tight deadlines.
- The ability to support an on-call service when needed.
- Experiences in and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice, Emergency Management, Business Management or related field preferred OR any equivalent combination of education, specialized training and/or experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities required, with a minimum of 10+ years of experience.
- ASIS Certified Protection Professional (CPP) and/or Physical Security Professional (PSP) certifications preferred
- Proven experience conducting in-depth vulnerability, threat and risk assessments preferred
- Previous experience conducting physical security audits to identify vulnerabilities and risks preferred
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.