Sr Manager, Marketing AnalyticsSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0037707
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay aims to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and disrupting.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
The role is passionate about inspiring change & better decisions, through intense data analysis, rigorous truth seeking & meaningful synthesis. They will possess strong intellectual curiosity, and a passion for achieving practical business impact. Skills in problem definition, synthesis & recommendation development will also be essential. Successful candidates will have outstanding interpersonal skills, initiative, and integrity. Characteristics include:
- Exceptional business judgment and quantitative analytic ability.
- Strong communication skills and experience distilling and communicating complex quantitative (financial) analysis into willing to take action recommendations.
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment while balancing multiple responsibilities.
- Analyzing the business impact of changes to the eBay.com site with regard to various site usage and performance metrics
- Expert Excel, PowerPoint skills and database query skills (e.g., SQL); and a basic understanding of data warehouse architecture are required.
- Knowledge and experience of using data science techniques to build predictive models are required.
- Finally, but crucially: A passion for eBay, either existing or nascent. We are an outstanding company, and are looking for people who get excited by our fascinating marketplace & amazing business opportunities.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or EE with Data Mining or Machine Learning major.
- Or Masters in Business Administration with Bachelors in Economics, Engineering, Quantitative sciences
- Or Bachelors in engineering, Quant. Sciences, statistics, Econometrics
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: