SW Dev Mgr, Infrast, flex US locationsSan Jose, California
New York, New York Requisition Number R0040846
eBay is looking for a Software Development Manager of Network Infrastructure , location is flexible in US.
What you will be doing:
This Software Development Manager of Network Infrastructure role is a great opportunity for someone to provide technical leadership to drive an automated network lifecycle vision for eBay’s private cloud. You will be responsible for defining the execution structure and building a distributed system that automates the entire network lifecycle.
You will be building a pure microservice architecture that runs on Kubernetes that provides 99.99% uptime with the least effect on system performance.
How the work gets done:
Drive - Problems of our scale and criticality needs you to be in the driver seat and work through the challenges and solve problems. The aspects of why and what are transparent and the how part is accomplished by the team.
Customer Centricity - This is part of our DNA. You own your customer and are responsible for making them successful using your services and working with empathy and enthusiasm. Your success is tied to your customer’s success.
People First - We believe that people make the products and not the other way around. As a leader, you will need to build a diverse and open culture that embraces debate, makes decisions, and collectively works and delivers to our customers.
Analytical - We are a data driven company. Data is our mirror and we measure everything we build and work hard to ensure what we measure makes our customers happy.
What you bring:
- 8 plus years proven experience in developing code, testing and deploying it in production.
- At least 3 years of experience managing teams in building platforms and delivering them (remote experience is a plus).
- Experience working in a diverse team and accomplishing goals with cross team collaboration.
- Hands on experience at scale with containers, Kubernetes, microservice architectures, and distributed systems is required.
- Network experience with NETCONF/YANG, Ansible, and network automation is required.
- Our primary development language is Go. Go experience is a plus.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: