US Benefits AnalystSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0038056 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay aims to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and disrupting.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
We are responsible for all aspects of candidate and employee experience across eBay. We drive business performance, recruiting, learning and development, compensation, benefits, people experience shared services, and people tools and technologies – and lead all aspects of the continuing evolution of the company's culture.
eBay is looking for a benefits professional with some knowledge and experience coordinating various US and international employee benefit program and also someone familiar with executing on core processes and also improving core processes. We seek an individual to join us in building and delivering programs that provide our employees a seamless, service focused experience, allowing them to remain creative and productive in what they do best.
The right candidate for this job will need to be a self-starter and be able to jump in and contribute to the Benefits team on day one. They will be an overall part of a dynamic People Team and will have the potential to participate in growing the eBay business.
What you will do:
- Assists in administering U.S. benefit programs
- Assist in handling benefit plan renewals for the EMEA region.
- Accountable for managing benefit plan vendor payments and purchase order processes globally.
- Accountable for handling benefit plan data requests, data corrections and program reporting
- Accountable for managing U.S. program audits and compliance testing processes
- Support U.S. and non-U.S. bench-marking surveys
- Support U.S. and non-U.S. employee benefits surveys to understand employee preferences.
- Assists with reviewing and updating SPDs, benefit booklets, open enrollment materials, etc.
- Works closely with internal business partners (e.g., Finance, Payroll, and HR) and external partners (e.g., consultants, vendors) on the day-to-day administration of eBay’s programs
- Assists with other projects as needed
Who you are:
- 3+ years of HR or benefits experience in a multi-state environment
- Proven strength in process improvement and project management skills
- Solution driven using creative and diverse ways to approach a problem or answer a question
- Ability to collaborative team environment that encourages open communication and sharing of ideas and best practices as well as work independently
- Proven personal credibility through accuracy, consistency, meeting commitments, integrity, and confidentiality
- Driven and with enough energy to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make informed decisions and choices based upon priority, business necessity and bottom line impact
- Strong knowledge and experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- This position may require some travel with overnight stay
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: