VP Corporate CommsSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0037899
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. Our team needs people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
We are responsible for managing, protecting and strengthening eBay’s brand and reputation among key partners. We play a critical role in eBay’s corporate strategy, positioning the company as a global leader in the commerce revolution. The team is comprised of more than 25 people, globally, activating a modern, robust, and dynamic communications system that deploys cutting-edge tools, technologies and techniques to drive business impact. We are propelling eBay’s Purpose by elevating its Global Impact, highlighting how eBay creates a better, more sustainable form of commerce—where people are empowered, causes are supported and opportunities are open to everyone.
VP Corporate Communications
eBay is seeking a dynamic, creative, collaborative, driven to win, skilled leader to transform the company’s communications efforts. We are looking for an individual who has demonstrated success in strategic corporate communications, reputation management as well as our executive & technology communications. This individual will lead eBay’s global PR while partnering closely with the eBay’s executive leadership team.
The Vice President of Communications will provide proactive, strategic counsel to the executive team on corporate communications initiatives and design the infrastructure, guidelines and playbook for the way eBay communicates across multiple stakeholder groups.
This role leads efforts globally to protect, manage, and strengthen eBay’s corporate brand and reputation among a wide spectrum of partners. The successful candidate will also be responsible for leading a high performing, cohesive, and respected team of professionals and will champion eBay’s culture and values.
The role is based in San Jose, California, and reports to the VP of Investor Relations and Communications.
- Build and maintain eBay’s reputation and stakeholder engagement across multiple audiences –investors, business/tech, policy makers.
- Inspire confidence and build strong and effective relationships with members of the global leadership team to gain a deep understanding of their business needs and provide integrated, innovative communications and cross-functional solutions, as well as strategic communications counsel and coaching.
- Formulate strategic plans based on insights/research/analysis and translate those into measurable objectives, strategies, and action that helps the business achieve its goals.
- Define and execute a Global Corporate Communications strategy in full collaboration with strategic partners and other eBay business units.
- Drive a consistent narrative across all audiences partnering with stakeholders at every level to bring global stories and proof points to life.
- Lead effectively across the Global Communications organization to drive a culture of performance. Foster a culture of constant sharing of practices, improvements, ideas, and feedback.
- Develop a strategy across corporate communications, content studio and media relations
- Develop and execute corporate message package and communication strategies for the delivery of corporate culture and business strategy
- Manage media relations and maximize media opportunities and build positive relationships with media reps.
- 15+ years of communications experience in roles that have driven understanding and positive perception of companies, products, and services.
- Leadership experience in communications roles for large, global organizations. Experience executing programs across multiple markets.
- Ability to proactively identify market and business-aligned communication opportunities and work with global teams to develop and lead programs. Experience creating and managing strategic plans, budgets, and metrics and regularly evaluating and communicating progress.
- Experience building, leading, developing, coaching, and retaining a high-performing team of experienced, motivated, and passionate colleagues. Inspires others to achieve great results and creates an environment that enables teams to thrive.
- An orientation towards operational rigor and discipline using a variety of global processes and world-class methodologies.
- Excellent business acumen, consulting, and relationship management skills. Collaborative problem solver, with a high level of maturity and judgment.
- Strong leadership profile, with a combination of vision, execution-orientation, integrity, discretion, and passion for developing people.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree preferred.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: