MTS 1, Algorithm EngineerShanghai, China Requisition Number R0019002
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We are seeking algorithm engineer to build machine learning algorithm/system to improve eBay search. This is an exciting position, which provides the candidate an opportunity to solve web scale and high impact business problem by using big data, statistical and machine learning technologies.
- Participate in cutting edge research in artificial intelligence and machine learning applications.
- Develop solutions for large scale problems in eBay search.
- Serve as subject matter expert and drive thought leadership in the areas of statistical analysis, machine learning and business intelligence.
- MS or PhD degree (preferred) in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent is required for this position.
- 5+ years industrial experience in data mining or statistical learning is preferred.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Natural Language Processing, text understanding, classification, pattern recognition, recommendation systems, targeting systems, ranking systems or similar.
- Hands-on experience with big data processing, e.g. Hadoop, Pig/Hive, SQL is necessary. Familiar with Java, Python or other programming languages.
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written in English and Chinese
- Attention to detail and data accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and in a team to research innovative solutions to challenging business problems.
Disclaimer: Please note that by applying to this role, you are agreeing to be considered for multiple positions. This is a general description of the qualifications and skills required for positions of this type of role.
View our accessibility info