MTS 1, Search Backend EngineerShanghai, China Requisition Number R0019003
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
If you love cutting-edge search and big data technologies AND if you want to work with top experts in this area to build the best eCommerce Search Platform, please join the Search Backend team at eBay China Center of Excellence. Our team is working on world-class real-time search engine that serves hundreds of millions of queries a day. You will have the opportunity to work on some of the world’s most highly scaled distributed system that handles around 4 million request per second.
We are looking for a few supremely talented, extremely passionate software developers with background and experience in large-scale distributed system development.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develop system to auto-manage search engine clusters with health monitoring, alerting, and auto-remediation.
- Deliver highly scalable and supportable search engine infrastructure.
- Produce high quality and well-documented code.
- Produce high quality software designs to support long-term maintainability and extensibility of code.
- Smart, quick learning and proactive.
- Solid knowledge about data structure and algorithms.
- Proficient in Java, Scala, or C++ programming.
- Hands-on experience with full software development cycle, particularly in the area of distributed computing, large scale system design, multi-threading and concurrency.
- Experience with open source technologies like Zookeeper, SPARK, Kafka, etc. is a big plus.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Good communication skills.
- BS/BA or above in CS or related field. Master degree and above is preferred.
Disclaimer: Please note that by applying to this role, you are agreeing to be considered for multiple positions. This is a general description of the qualifications and skills required for positions of this type of role.
View our accessibility info