MTS1 Software Engineer QualityShanghai, China Requisition Number R0040834 Subsidiary eBay
Quality Software Engineer for Ads Team
Advertising on eBay is a key driver for our sellers to increase their selling velocity and a great growth opportunity for eBay. If you love cutting-edge Digital Advertising and Big Data technologies AND if you are passionate aboutbringing new ideas, energy, and dedication to improve Ads on eBay, please join the Ads team at eBay China Center of Excellence (CCOE).
We are looking for top-notch Quality Engineers at all levels who could come and help us enhance the quality of our Ads Experience. People in the team are friendly, highly motivated, and extremely bright. Our team strives for a culture of professionalism, innovation, career growth, and fun. We will provide you with the best opportunity to work in a challenging, highly visible and fast paced environment.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work with Product Development, Product Management, Quality Engineering, Load & Performance, and Operations teams to develop innovative testing solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to testing goals and principles.
- Estimate testing effort, prioritize projects, plan implementations, and help rollout system changes.
- Recommend coding solutions, fix bugs and solve problems.
- Identify project risks and be able to provide alternatives for reducing risk.
- Create test plans and test cases for new assigned features as well as develop test tools for automation/regression testing.
- Design, develop and lead Quality Engineering initiatives to support the eBay's Ads Experience group. As part of the Ads QE team, this individual will be responsible for the oversight and development of our testing framework, as well as functional, regression and integration testing.
- Be able to articulate, evaluate and evangelize testing strategies and apply them in eBay's context.
- Identify process, technology challenges and deficiencies that need to be addressed and drive those changes to successful adoption.
- Proactively identify and resolve resource conflicts and set priorities for parallel projects.
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms.
- Proficient in Java and Python.
- Must be experienced in RESTful/SOA Services/API testing – TestNG
- Passionate about writing code and highly motivated to learn eBay technology stack.
- Experienced in requirements analysis, test planning, creation of test cases for the full spectrum of test types and phases, test data & environment preparation, test execution and test status reporting.
- Familiarity with builds systems like Maven/Ant and Continuous Integration frameworks like Jenkins.
- Strong communication, problem analysis/resolution skills
- Ability to work on simultaneous projects in a highly dynamic environment
- Understanding of various development methodologies like Agile is highly desirable
- BS in CS/EE (or comparable fields) plus 3 years of relevant work experience required or MS plus 2 years of relevant work experience required.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: