MTS2 Software EngineerShanghai, Shanghai Requisition Number R0021890 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
- Design, Architect and Develop big data solutions to help product and business teams to make data driven decisions
- Building a platform that makes it easy for teams to plug in their business logic without duplicating common functionality. This includes connecting to various datastores or real-time streams, figuring out a way to serverize Spark transforms or having to re-implement transforms such as currency conversion that are very common in analytics.
- Not only just use Apache Spark as is, Need to enhance open source Spark to fit our low-latency, high throughput and high availability contexts.
- Contribute to the development of the Spark Platform
- Interact with application teams to understand their specific requirements and drive the next set of features for the Spark Platform
- Meet with key players in the open source community to motivate necessary development efforts
- Contribute code to the Apache Spark community in areas ranging from Machine Learning to Spark HA
- Strong programming proficiency in Java or Scala (a minimum of two years)
- An expert-level understanding of Apache Spark - your work will involve modifying its internals
- Familiar with data movement techniques and best practices to handle large volume of data
- Knowledge of NoSQL and Big Data solution
- Strong programming skills with understanding of performance, scalability, concurrency, scaling and extensibility.
- Experience with File Systems, server architectures, and distributed systems
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: