Payments Ops ManagerShanghai, China Requisition Number R0036784 Subsidiary eBay
ebay’s Global Billing & Payments (GB&P) organization is a fast-paced, dynamic and creative area with responsibility for money movement operations across eBay. 120 teammates in 7 countries process over $8 billion transactions and 144 million invoices per annum for ebay Managed Marketplaces in 15 currencies & 14 languages.
Our mandate is to protect the core by collecting revenue and protecting the financial integrity of our Buyers, Sellers and third Party Providers. We focus on operating smarter by building capabilities for top corporate initiatives that craft the customer journey. We innovate by extending the operational processes and capabilities to new internal clients and products. Within GB&P, the Operations team is in charge of facilitating and processing all manual billing and payment tasks as well as exceptions.
In February 2018, ebay announced its intention to further improve its customer experience by intermediating payments. The transition to full payments intermediation will be a multi-year journey, and we are looking for a strong people leader to lead the new operational team dedicated to this project in China. This role will report to the Ops manager in US.
You will be working very closely with our partners in business and technology to understand their goals in order to provide the best operational services and lead improvement projects.
- A leader. Good at building effective and goal driven teams from scratch. You are passionate about recruiting and developing top talent. You enable people to grow significant careers. You thrive in cross functional and diverse environments bringing people together toward common goals.
- Process focused. You enjoy implementing new operational processes that are efficient, scalable and designed for purpose. You ensure proper treatment and compliance of all processes with internal policies, SOX and US GAAP.
- Inventive. You like to drive process rationalization and efficiencies across teams to deliver better solutions. You can do a lot with a little.
- Customer advocate. You have a deep understanding of the customer needs and can suggest options that will truly improve their experience.
- Analytical. You measure success based on data, defining the relevant metrics and SLAs that will drive the expected business outcome.
- You have 5+ years experience in international environment, leading & shaping teams and processes
- You are an authority in operational billing and payment processing, preferably at a billing operator or e-commerce provider. Prior experience leading a Chargeback dispute team or designing chargeback processes a plus.
- A natural problem solver, you face challenges head on with poise, tact and a can-do attitude. You tap into a wide range of previous experience, external technologies and advanced concepts to take on complex, and sometimes conflicting, business objectives.
- You possess excellent communication skills and bring with you a proven track record of collaboration across complex organizations to become a trusted advisor and leader with vision.
- You can demonstrate application and management of a process excellence framework in a prior role.
- Highly motivated to excel, you have an intrinsic commitment to do better than the day before. You are committed to quality in all aspects of your work and able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- You enjoy working in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment
Here at ebay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely different backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel ebay is a place where, no matter who you are, you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
If you’re passionate about joining our purpose driven community, that is dedicated to building a visionary and diverse environment, come to ebay.
Please apply through our ebay career site and tell us how you match with the role and what makes you the best person to contribute to our success.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: