Risk Back Office Team LeadShanghai, China Requisition Number R0042107
Team Leader leads and coaches a service delivery Team that helps our customers solve problems in the quickest, simplest, easiest way possible ...and make them feel great about eBay along the way. You build high performing teams that deliver results by honoring our customers, each other, and the way we work.
1. Lead, drive, inspire, motivate, and coach your team, individually and collectively, towards achieving world class customer service.
2. Manage your operations reviewing reports & dashboards around customer service and employee engagement, determining root cause, and building & executing action plans.
3. Partner across GCX with various organizations (within your line of business, across lines of business, workforce management, CS tech, coaching & quality, and others) to reach our organizational goals.
4. Leverage and develop your coach as a partner to help boost teammate effectiveness and performance.
5. Stay close to the voice of the customer using side-by-sides and escalations as both teaching moments within your team and learning moments to anticipate & raise customer needs.
6. Host regular one-on-one’s with each teammate including GC/SEA/IN teammates individually to learn how they are doing and feeling, discuss goals & priorities, address questions they may have, allow them to share observations or new learnings, and provide coaching around performance & career development.
7 Deliver consistent performance accountability and coaching for GC/SEA/IN teammates; when necessary moving to corrective action.
8. Lead weekly huddles and team meetings that focus your teammates in GC/SEA/IN on key performance metrics, improve team collaboration, and prepare them for new challenges and upcoming changes to the business.
9. Handle customer escalation
You are someone who:
1. Is zealous about the customer experience and delivering customer-centric solutions (customer focus)
2. Proactively seeks & drives controllable changes in themselves and the team while passionately escalating and influencing broader changes needed to improve the teammate and customer experience (owner mindset)
3. Consistently achieves or exceeds results even under tough circumstances (drives results)
4. Develops people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals (develops talent)
5. Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives and understand the teams impact on the business (drives engagement)
6. Plans & prioritizes work needed to achieve high customer satisfaction and employee engagement (plans & aligns)
7. Loves implementing and creating new and better ways for the team and organization to be successful (cultivates innovation)
8. Leverages complex, high volume, & sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems (manages complexity)
9. Uses feedback and reflection to gain insight into personal strengths and opportunities (demonstrates self-awareness)
10. Actively learns through experimentation using both successes and failures as learning fodder (nimble learning)
11. Excellent and fluent spoken and written English skill for presentation and communication.
Tools Additional Qualifications
1. Microsoft Office Tools such as Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
2. Employee Engagement Survey
3. Workday / Kronos
4. Reporting tools such as BIX and Tableau
5. Contact center tools such as NICE, SHADE, and Medallia
6. Working knowledge of all eBay Tools, Products, Policies and other related topics
7. Prior experience managing & leading direct reports and/or examples of effective leadership of teams
8. 3+ years of customer service experience
9. Prior experience in contact center preferred
•BS/BA degree or educational equivalent preferred See below for additional qualifications by level, LOB, and type of work environment
Additional Qualifications by Role: E2M
1. Leverage knowledge of fraud & violation trends to draw logical conclusions
2. Strong business acumen and financially responsible
3. Comfortable working and leading in an open work space where you are visible / available to teammates throughout the day and project a positive customer & employee experience
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.