Payments AML and CTF Compliance OfficerSingapore, Singapore Requisition Number R0038157
Payments AML and CTF Compliance Officer
If you want to be a foundational member operationalizing eBay's Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing program then this role might be for you!
We are seeking a highly motivated and expert to serve as an AML Compliance Officer, based in our Singapore office. This role is critical to support the development of the eBay Payments business in Singapore.
Lead the development, implementation, and management of the compliance program in Singapore for the eBay Managed Payments Program. With a focus on Anti-Money Laundering (AML), ensure a risk-based program is developed to satisfy regulatory requirements and mitigate risk to the company while working closely with the Regional and Global team to align, design and develop new effective and efficient requirements including processes, procedures and training.
- Responsible for overseeing alignment of the eBay Singapore Payments Compliance program with a focus on developing AML/CTF and Sanctions compliance processes consistent with local requirements and global policy and processes.
- Lead the execution of AML/CTF and Sanctions Programs for customers including the drafting of policies and procedures
- Provide subject matter expertise, training and outreach to the business functions in Singapore in order to continually educate staff on AML/CTF and sanctions risks, issues and processes
- Conduct AML/CTF assessments of products and services to identify and mitigate risks
- Coordinate with product and function-aligned colleagues across all lines of defense to work towards the implementation of effective implementations, procedures and controls to adhere to key regulatory requirements.
- Advise products, functions and colleagues on established policies and procedures and monitor and assess their adequacy.
- Reciprocally work with other regional compliance and legal teams
- Reports into the Asia Pacific Regional Compliance Director
- Communicate with partners across multiple lines of defense to ensure a broad view to regulatory implementation; and of the criticality of the program itself;
- Monitor the implementation of regulatory controls and processes, and call out cases where implementation is challenged, off-track, or likely to lead to non-compliance;
- Coordinates and supports the preparation of government filings such as Suspicious matter reports (SMRs);
- Support critical metrics and build out reporting that will strengthen decision quality through meaningful data
- Work closely with colleagues supporting a strong culture of compliance across the Singapore payments business as a whole, including particular sensitivity to emerging regulatory risk and the changing face of the Singapore regulatory landscape
- Support internal audits and regulatory requests, ensure satisfactory resolution of any audit findings and recommendations
- Responsible for monitoring and annual AML risk assessment
- College/university education preferred with an outstanding working track record will also be deemed meaningful.
- Network management skills to take responsibility to lead/run in a multi-dimensional business environment
- Strong understanding of the local regulatory bodies
- Knowledge of the Singapore legislative and regulatory framework in relation to financial crime
- Well-structured working method, analytical skills
- Sense of responsibility and accuracy
- Very advanced verbal and written communication
- Proactive attitude
- Flexibility and high motivation
- Work effectively across countries and regions
- Extensive industry experience with a background in Compliance gained in an international financial institution with strong Singapore regulatory experience
- Planning and co-ordination skills, with experience of leading and optimally delivering projects
- Experience with senior-level governance bodies and consistent records in engaging senior partners
- Strong oral and written communication / negotiation skills, with the confirmed ability to influence opinion, articulate/substantiate positions and defend these if challenged by senior business management
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-cultural, global organization and to build strong trust-based relationships with remote client groups and colleagues.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strategic and goal-oriented focus
- Strong ability to lead and facilitate work projects both on the ground and with remote units
- Validated organizational and project management skills and strong attention to detail
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: