Head of People, eCG AustraliaSydney, Australia Requisition Number R0040740
About the team:
eBay Classifieds (eCG) is evolving the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to connect to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,700 people who are passionate for local trade and our customers.
Gumtree is Australia’s local marketplace connecting buyers and sellers enabling them buy and sell just about everything. There are over 3 million listings and 90,000 new ads posted daily. Facilitating successful and safe local trade is our priority. It’s the daily mission of our over 200 person team to empower people and build economic opportunity as Australia’s favorite local marketplace. Recently we acquired CarsGuide.com.au and Autotrader.com.au adding a leading consumer facing automotive editorial destination, marketplace and dealer network to our portfolio.
About the role:
We seek a People Business Partner based in Sydney as our eCG Head of People, Australia. You will be the objective thought partner on all people matters for our two General Managers and a member of their leadership teams. A passion for the business and people strategy is essential. You will build and implement the appropriate human capital plan and talent management strategy to deliver measurable business impact in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. You will report to the Director, People for eBay Classifieds Northwest Europe, Canada and Emerging Markets and be part of the global eCG People team.
- Understand business and strategic objectives and provide the appropriate support and mentorship on HR programs, strategies and processes;
- Lead projects and initiatives to strengthen the commercial (sales & business development), technology & product and marketing organizations;
- Partner on initiatives and programs across eCG to drive increased organizational efficiency and effectiveness;
- Own the people side of transformation projects including but not limited to organizational design, sales compensation, outsourcing, and M&A integrations;
- Provide advice on talent management and development;
- Lead all aspects of workforce plans, recruitment and talent initiatives;
- Support and advocate for Diversity & Inclusion efforts to enable a richly diverse team;
- Partner with HR functional areas (Recruiting, Onboarding, Learning & Talent Development, Compensation) to meet customer needs;
- Strengthen teams by coaching senior leaders to further develop their leadership capability.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- 7-10 years Human Resources/People experience; passionate about Product & Technology and/or Sales/Commercial teams.
- 5-7 years in an HR role with responsibility for organizational design, development and transformation, HR programming and leader development.
- Lead and influence within a highly matrixed global environment by building positive relationships at all levels.
- Craft and implement strategic processes and solutions through change management, talent development and related areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA is a bonus!
- Ability to travel ~1-2 times annually for global meetings.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Gumtree is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: