Platform Analytics ManagerSydney, Australia Requisition Number R0040602 Subsidiary Gumtree
Gumtree Australia is Australia’s local marketplace connecting buyers and sellers in the local community to buy, sell and find just about everything. There are more than 3 million listings across hundreds of categories and 90,000 new ads are posted every single day.
On average, more than 7 million Australians visit Gumtree each month via our desktop and mobile sites, as well as our iPhone and Android apps, and we’re proud to say we’re one of the top shopping apps in Australia. (Optional)
Facilitating successful and safe local trade is our main priority and our ambition is to be a Top 10 digital destination. It’s our mission to empower people and create economic opportunity and to be Australia’s favourite local marketplace for all of life’s needs.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets. We invite you to join us!
Platform Analytics Manager
Gumtree Australia, part of the fast-growing eBay Classifieds Group, is a vibrant community marketplace connecting buyers and sellers in the local community to buy, sell and find just about everything – from furniture and homewares, to cars and clothing, electronics and business services, and jobs and real estate. There are more than 2.5 million listings across hundreds of categories and 85,000 new ads are listed every single day. With the recent acquisition of Cars Guide and Autotrader, Gumtree has strengthened its position within the online Automotive segment.
As a specialist within the Analytics Centre of Excellence, you will be proficient with analytical tools and thrive on solving highly analytical problems for the Product & Technology domain. You are part of a global analytics community across all eBay businesses and work closely with analytical teams in eBay's Classified Group.
We believe that data is the voice of the customer. Through customer research and continuous experimentation, we make sure the customer is involved in building the best classifieds' experience in the world. We have organized ourselves as teams around key strategic priorities of Gumtree. Every team is a cross functional team consisting of product managers, business owners, UX designers, developers, analysts and marketers. We are rapidly moving to a future of data decisioning, determining what to serve the customer. We focus to bring knowledge of elite methodologies in experimentation and validation in the entire organization to the next level.
Are you an excited, creative, results-oriented Analytics professional looking to drive real impact? Then join our team to help get the strategic analyses done and craft an elite insight led team. We want you to see the possibilities in all the data we have and demonstrate the best opportunities to grow.
- You will authentically connect with our customers by being a multi-disciplinary specialist in Tracking, Onsite, Customer Analytics, AB Experimentation and Business Intelligence
- Hands on experience with Marketing Technology (DMP)
- Consultant approach (strategic problem solver, commercial aptitude)
- Lead in the diagnosis of the drivers behind user behaviour and operational metrics
- Accelerate operational metrics by crafting initiatives to build, enrich, redesign or decommission
- Seek to solve strategic challenges via sophisticated analytical methods
- Lead Business Intelligence governance through setup and maintenance of dashboards with self-service in mind
- Lead Experimentation governance by setting up experiments for success (tracking, success measurement and decisioning)
- Support readout process (data collection, analysis, interpretation, reporting and peer review) to optimise success rate
- Lead Tracking governance by adhering to tracking standards and close data quality gaps
- Support Data Strategy by identifying 1P data requirements across all ecosystems
- Improve 1P utilisation by actively seeking 2P and 3P DMP relationships
- Partner with the wider analytics team to optimise data requests through elite processes & techniques
- Minimum 4 years’ experience within preferred digital analytics space or consulting firm
- Very strong analytical, reporting and visualization skills (Tableau)
- Advanced technical skills in Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics (certification preferred) and SQL. Experience with Hadoop (Pig, Hive, and/or Spark/Scala) and Statistical analysis tools (R or Python)
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills; proven ability to partner across multiple functions in an organisation and distil complicated analyses
- Proven track record in clearly defining a problem, collating the required information, analysing the results and synthesizing a compelling argument to senior management
- Ability to work in an agile and flexible environment where change is the norm
- The initiative to go that extra mile when needed, act with integrity and celebrate success after achievements
What we offer
- An exciting and lively work environment with interdisciplinary teams
- A great atmosphere, open company culture with lots of social activities
- Lots of room for your own creative ideas
- Modern office in Sydney CBD
- Overseas travel opportunities
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Gumtree is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.