Snr Product ManagerSydney, Australia Requisition Number R0037545
Who we are
Gumtree is Australia’s local marketplace connecting buyers and sellers in the local community to buy, sell and find just about everything – from furniture and homewares, to cars and clothing, electronics and business services, and jobs and real estate. There are more than 3 million listings across hundreds of categories and 90,000 new ads are listed each day.
Gumtree launched in Australia in 2007 and is part of eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) – a global collection of brands. Our purpose is to empower people and create economic opportunities for all.
Who you are
You’re someone who is passionate about providing true customer value and are able to step in the shoes of various customer personas? You believe that great experiences originate from knowing your customer? And that unlocking the customer value will generate business value.
You will have a passion for your craft, and you will have your finger on the pulse of internet trends. You are inspired by best-in-class experiences and brands that cultivate a unique approach to problem solving. As a self-starter, you are able to multitask across different projects, teams and are driven by achievement.
- Work closely with the Director of Product to help shape Gumtree’s product vision that will empower the lives of millions of Australians
- Have a deep understanding of your customer needs (user and/or client) to be able to create a seamless customer experience
- Have a deep understanding of competitor offering to ensure we leverage our strengths and differentiate where appropriate to gain an advantage
- Create both a short and long-term product plan and idea backlog for your allocated journey team/topic area
- Lead across a cross functional team and ensure thorough cost/benefit prioritisation
- Work closely with the design team to validate and priorities key initiatives
- Work with marketing to drive product marketing and ensure product strategy aligns with CVP
- Work with the product owner and/or create actionable user stories and manage them through the process
- Work in an Agile development environment
- Play an active part in building a strong customer-centric and achievement culture
- Work with a wide range of external and internal stakeholders; commercial, marketing, customer support, analytics and global partners
- A seasoned Snr Product Manager with proven experience delivering outstanding multi-platform product experiences for an online consumer-oriented company.
- Strong matrix (cross functional team) leadership skills
- Excellent management and leadership skills, including great success stories of mentoring and coaching team members
- Comfortable working in an agile environment and an advocate of experimentation
- Good problem-solving capabilities and an analytical mind with a focus on outcomes, not outputs
- Demonstrate persuasive written, visual and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven track record of delivering outstanding customer experiences
- Ability to influence senior leaders and facilitate meetings at all levels within our organisation
- Exceptional intellectual curiosity, a passion for problem solving and comfortable working w/ ambiguity
- What we offer
- An exciting work environment with interdisciplinary teams
- A great atmosphere and open company culture
- Lots of room for your own creative ideas
- Modern office in Sydney CBD
- Overseas travel opportunities
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: