Manager, Account Management - CBTTokyo, Japan Requisition Number R0030372 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a global commerce leader where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact for people across the globe? We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We are responsible for setting the future direction of eBay: our ambition, where we play, and how we win in the market. Our team is responsible for deeply understanding the needs of our core buyers and sellers and creating the strategies that will differentiate eBay relative to our competitors. We work very closely with product, technology, and regional business teams to ensure the strategy is translated into action across the end-to-end customer experience.
Manager, Start up Account Management, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As our business continues to expand, we are seeking energetic individuals to join our Japan team.
This role is a critical component of the eBay Japan business. He / she will be involved in developing and responsible for implementing strategic business plan and consulting service for on-boarding Large Merchants (LMs) on eBay. He / she will report to Head of Business Development.
In this primary role, the Start up Account Manager needs to be an authority about eBay, one of the top online marketplaces in the world and Cross Border Trade (CBT) business and industry. Also, he / she is required to have an understanding of a variety of services that Merchants would utilize together with eBay [i.e. PayPal, International Shipping Carriers (JP Post)].
The Start up Account Manager will communicate and negotiate with high-level executives and represent the company in Sales meetings and contract negotiations with Large Merchants.
The individual will also execute various initiatives for accelerating LM’s onboarding - for example, network building within eCommerce industries (System Integrator, Shipping companies, etc.), develop better solution and environment for sellers who work on cross boarder trading /build decks for cultivating sellers/prepare business simulation and plan for LMs.
The position works in tandem with other teams, such as Category Management and System Integration teams.
The main job responsibilities include:
- Develop business opportunities with Large Merchants (LMs) in Japan
- Provide LMs with consultation of eBay Cross Border Trade business solution
- Negotiate and close terms and contract with LMs
- Handle Operation and Integration support vendors to provide necessary support for setting up eBay account for each LM.
- Ongoing contact point with LMs for major issues about contract, joint Marketing, Product, Integration, and / or Operation.
- Identify, analyze and develop new business opportunities with Large Merchants or Merchants in emerging industry by direct Sales or via partners (e.g. eCommerce platforms, System Integrators, Web Developers, PayPal, etc.).
- Responsible to meet and exceed financial and other targets set for individual and the team.
- Develop network to reach targeted Merchants, maintain strong client relationships with executive level decision makers with Large Merchants, Channel Partners and key industry partners.
- Act as primary, account management liaison with internal key contacts (Sales, Marketing, Integration, Product, Operations, Finance, Legal, Risk, Compliance etc.) for Merchant service and problem resolutions.
- Improve business by generating new and practical ways of doing things in order to tackle problems.
- Assess and understand customers’ rational needs and concerns to accelerate Merchant onboarding speed.
Work experience & requirements:
- Minimum of 6 years Sales and / or Account Management in Enterprise Sales; deep insight and broad knowledge with regards to ecommerce is required.
- Authority in Trading companies or Sourcing Agents is a plus.
- Authority in Marketing to corporate customers, consultative selling and / or contract negotiation is preferred.
- Known to work record in handling Corporate Sales and /or Business Development is preferred. Should have practical business experience with foreign customers, overseas working experience or prior experience working with partners in other geographies is preferred.
- Experienced in plotting acquisition scenario for targeted Merchants, conducting Customer / Partner meetings, negotiate commercial terms / contract documents, and close deals in timely manner.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products, including: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills - native Japanese plus business-level English for oral and written communication with the Global eBay teams.
Skills & Competencies
- Flexible and able to work and thrive in a dynamic, fast paced and results orientated organization.
- Ability to work in virtual and multi-national teams, establish relationships, and work effectively as a part of a team
- Negotiation and influencing skills with internal and external persons concerned.
- Demonstrates core eBay Inc. values.
- Achieving business goals by establishing priorities, actions and achievements and constraints in a logical sequence checking progress against these plans.
- Excellent communication, social, organizational, negotiation and presentation abilities required for both internal and external communication.
- Ensures that information is correct and that work aligns with relevant internal and external rules, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Recommend a course of action by understanding the position of others and presenting arguments, facts and figures in a way they will find most persuasive
- Puts personal energy and commitment into a piece of work by looking at ways to meet and exceed challenging performance standards and targets.
- Ability to learn, analytical ability, and results orientated
- Results oriented, self-motivated and a “hands on” person with confirmed ability to meet targets.
- Successful completion of a university Bachelor’s degree is required.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: