Android EngineerToronto, Ontario Requisition Number R0035906 Subsidiary Kijiji
Kijiji is the #1 online classifieds site in Canada. As one of Canada’s top 10 most-visited digital properties, we reach more than half of Canadian internet users monthly. We’re a leader in helping Canadians find and trade goods and services in their local communities, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We’re proud of our engaged, ambitious and collaborative culture, and we were recently named one of the top Toronto Tech Employer Brands.2 Our stylish office is located in the historic King and Spadina neighbourhood in Toronto’s hub of innovation.
About The Team
Classifieds is crafting the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to work closely with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are hardworking, exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
Your Roles and Responsibilities
- Help architect, build and iterate our Android application
- Ensure that our code stays up-to-date with the latest design standards and best-practices
- Help raise the overall skill and quality level through pairing, design/code reviews, and mentoring
- Push forward our test focused development process including unit, integration- and functional testing
- Partner closely with product management to continuously improve our app
- Research and prototype solutions to interesting problems
Your Skill Profile
- At least 5 years of professional Android app development experience
- Passion for Android development, pragmatic code and an eye for simplicity
- Excellent knowledge and strong experience with the Android platform (Activities, Fragments, Services, Content Providers)
- Excellent programming skills in Kotlin
- Experience with Java (Language and APIs)
- Deep understanding of architectural patterns for Android projects
- Experience in building test driven mobile environments, e.g. experience with JUnit, Robolectric, Espresso
- Real life reference or open source projects are a huge plus (GitHub / Bitbucket / StackOverflow Account)
- Effective written and spoken communication skills in English
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Kijiji is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself