Front End EngineerToronto, Canada Requisition Number R0036372
Kijiji, part of the fast-growing eBay Classifieds Group, is the number 1 online Classifieds site in Canada. We are one of Canada’s Top 10 digital properties—and a leader in helping people and communities find and trade goods and services, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We succeed because we behave like a dynamic startup and hire the best people.
Our office is located in the historic King and Spadina neighbourhood, right in the middle of Toronto’s hub of innovation.
Our technology team is charged with developing, testing, and operating one of the largest e-commerce sites in the country. We are a community of adept software engineers focused on building large-scale web applications in an agile, multi-functional environment. We believe strongly in a culture of mentorship, support and mutual respect for all members of our team.
Are you driven, bold, and inventive? Do you like to have fun? We love that culture and strive to nurture it every single day.
As a Front End Engineer, you’ll work on a full stack focused delivery team building new and exciting experiences for Kijiji users. You will be working within an Agile environment and using modern frameworks and tools, you will craft code that solves problems for users as well as build tools that betters the system and supports our teams.
- Work with your team to deliver well crafted code, high quality, well-tested and scalable code.
- Know the codebase and write clean code, practice Pair Programming with other contributors, mentor and learn together.
- Understand delivery goals and participate in sprint planning and grooming sessions.
- Be a communicator, create alignment among contributors from different teams, consult Product and UX about technical implications of product ideas.
- Find a good balance between short-term delivery and long-term scalability goals.
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by tackling tech debt, conducting code reviews, initiating refactoring and improving build and test systems
- 6+ years of experience in software development
- Advanced understanding of design, implementation and operation of distributed services and APIs
- Advanced knowledge of common web technologies (HTTP, DNS, REST/JSON, OAuth)
- Experience with Automated testing
- Experience with package managers like npm and build pipelines like Webpack
- Good understanding of Build Pipelines (TeamCity, Jenkins)
- Passion for agile software development, product discovery and continuous delivery
- A high aspiration for quality balanced with a good sense of pragmatism
- You understand quality assurance as a task of the entire team to build the best experience to the users
- Independently and quick adoption of new technologies and concepts
- Strong communication and other soft skills that help in dealing with people
- Willingness to speak at conferences and engage in the community is a strong plus
- Effective oral and written communication skills
You’ll need to:
- Be ambitious
- Be product and value focussed
- Collaborate & Iterate
- Support and guide the platform
- Learn from everyone
- Be generous with what you know
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Kijiji is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: