MTS-2, Software EngineerToronto, Canada Requisition Number R0036980
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the most critical organizations within eBay! Our organization creates critical tools (applications, web services, user experiences, API, Feeds) to support the eBay seller community. Our team builds critical backend technologies that impact millions of eBay sellers worldwide to enable our sellers to grow their business on eBay, through the rich set of big data eBay has accumulated of years and with business intelligence. Our system provides different kinds of near-real-time seller performance data and offers a rich set of research tools to our sellers to help them to be more successful in selling on eBay, and also has built-in tracking capability to understand the impact of each and every touchpoints our applications have with customers!
- Design, develop and support all phases of the software development life cycle
- Find and fix stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment
- Work with engineers and other cross functional teams like Product Management, Project Management, Release Engineering, Quality Engineering, Operations teams etc. to develop innovative solutions that meet aggressive performance, quality, scalability and reliability requirement
- Work creatively and effectively to meet realistic implementation schedules and adhere to development goals and principles
- Lead product initiatives, recommend improvements, mentor and guide junior team members
- Identify project risks and work effectively to mitigate them
- Share release management duties on feature rollouts
Master’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering or closely related field and eight (8) years of experience in the Job Offered or ten (10) years of experience in the field of software engineering or Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering or closely related field and ten (10) years of experience in the Job Offered or ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of software engineering.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: