Product DesignerToronto, Ontario Requisition Number R0020968 Subsidiary Kijiji
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Kijiji, part of the fast-growing eBay Classifieds Group at eBay, is the number 1 online Classifieds site in Canada. Reaching half of the monthly on-line population, we are one of Canada’s Top 10 digital properties and a leader in helping people find and trade goods and services, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We have succeeded because we behave like a dynamic start-up, have end-to-end control of our business, and hire the best people. We have a fun, unique, and engaging culture in our new, stylish office located in the historic King and Spadina neighborhood in Toronto’s hub of innovation.
The eBay Classifieds Group is a creative global leader in online classifieds, with brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by building a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities around the globe.
Are you a strong, passionate, creative Product Designer who has a clear vision of the future and can create simplicity from underlying complex tasks? We would love to hear from you!
As a part of the Kijiji UX team, you will apply your passion for all things design to help guide research & design processes, and collaborate with leaders in product, engineering, sales and customers service to create best in class customer experiences across all of our products.
The UX team is focused on delivering exceptional, simple and elegant customer experiences. As part of this team, you will be empowered to inspire teams to go beyond what is possible and pursue forward-thinking design to create products that enrich people’s lives. You will also be responsible for creating ideas, communications, and interface. You'll make things — elegant, beautiful, smart things — that live across devices — that drive engagement and loyalty to Kijiji. You'll need strong attention to detail of course, as well as an eagerness to solve design problems.
Your Responsibilities will Include:
- Influence and help shape Kijiji’s product and design vision that will help empower the lives of millions of Canadians
- Create sketches, conceptual diagrams, interaction flows, wireframes, and interactive prototypes to demonstrate and execute your design thinking to solve problems
- Solving for product problems with owning all components of the user experience (Strategy, user flows, IA, interaction design and visual design).
- Work with industry standard tools such as Sketch, Invision, Balsamiq, Axure, etc.
- Aim to find that sweet spot between customer needs, business objectives and technical feasibility
- Contribute and own all phases of the design process across all product teams: research, conceptual design, prototypes, visual design and usability testing
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver a world-class customer experiences
- Articulate design rationale as a means to balance business objectives and user needs
- Present design work to the user experience, product, and engineering team for review and critique
- Collaborate with fellow designers, PMs, and developers to ensure high quality implementation of your designs
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate your design concepts
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on customer-centred design
- Proven track record of shipping outstanding customer experiences
- Comfortable working in an agile environment and an advocate of lean UX and Design Thinking principles
- Experience of designing for multiple contexts including, mobile, desktop and tablet
- Proven ability to create simple, beautiful, modern user interfaces & visual designs
- Able to break down the user’s needs on a high level and turn these into something that will make them happy
- A great attention to detail
- Comfortable and confident with running usability tests with customers.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the technical implementation of your designs and user-flows
- Coding ability in HTML, CSS & JS or any other language would be a huge benefit
- Bachelor's degree preferred in any of the following: Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science, Information Architecture, New Media Design, Product and Interface Design or related field
- Proven experience of creating awesome, simple and functional customer experiences
- A strong portfolio demonstrating critical thinking and creativity (showing your thought process as much as your finished work)
View our accessibility infoR0020968
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself