Product LeadToronto, Canada Requisition Number R0040010
Kijiji is the #1 online classifieds site in Canada. As one of Canada’s top 10 most-visited digital properties, we reach more than half of Canadian internet users monthly. We’re a leader in helping Canadians find and trade goods and services in their local communities, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We’re proud of our engaged, results-oriented and collaborative team culture, and we were recently named one of the top Toronto Tech Employer Brands.2 Our stylish office is located in the historic King and Spadina neighbourhood in Toronto’s hub of innovation.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to work closely with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate about local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
We are looking for a Product Lead who will take complete ownership of the critical Kijiji consumer path and will add real value to our end customers, improving our growth in the Canadian classified's marketplace. Reporting to the Director of Product, you will handle the core Kijiji product roadmap and backlog, working with peers on the team and drive the ongoing product vision and direction.
Your focus will be on delivering significant, simple and elaborate customer experiences. You will encourage teams to go beyond what is possible and pursue forward-thinking design to build products that enrich people’s lives. You will also be encouraged to develop ideas, communications, engage different teams for success. You'll need strong attention to detail of course, as well as an eagerness to seek difficult product problems.
If you would like to join a highly skilled dynamic and highly motivated team and work with one of Canada’s top brands, have an impact and make a difference daily, then join us!.
- Enable product vision and journey while providing clear direction to, agile teams of Engineers, Product Managers, and UI/UX designers
- Assess and make recommendations on business opportunities for growing Kijiji’s core growth metrics
- Collaborate with and update the Leadership team, while taking a data-supported and results-oriented approach, to prioritize the product backlog according to the business value and return on investment
- Partner with Technical Leads and Engineering teams to plan product releases. Entrust the integration team responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of Sprint goals and the Integrated Increment.
- Research, define and recommend validated specifications of features for new and current products
- Work with Scrum team Product Manager, define the overall Product Vision
- Lead all aspects of the entire product backlog and, work with other Product Managers to ensure the creation of impactful user stories, well-defined and executed acceptance tests and definition of acceptance criteria
- Facilitate and lead the daily integration scrum team meetings, define overall sprint goals for the teams, and collaborate with Scrum teams on commitments.
- Aggregate and analyze responses from customers, partners, and other teams to synthesize requirements, features, and end products.
- Make forward-thinking recommendations to expand the product base and vision.
- Experienced with A/B testing
- Experienced running effective multi-team scaled Scrum teams
- Mentor Leadership and Growth to other peers
- Driven to succeed in a fast-paced growth results-oriented environment
- Comfortable being the point of contact for senior and global partners
- Knowledgeable in Agile methodologies for software development (Kanban, Scrum & Nexus Framework)
- Experienced in product lifecycle management
- Experienced leading and balancing multiple projects
- Fact-find and generate outcomes with data
- Nurture and grow business relationships
At a Minimum, You Have
- Established product management experience in an Agile work environment.
- Experience in a large Retail commercial brand.
- A track record of inventive problem solving and the desire to influence new products.
- An innate ability to put yourself in the customer's shoes and develop products with their needs in mind.
- Confident with eliciting feedback from customers and partners through interviews, surveys, testing, and other discovery methods and distilling the results into action items.
- Experience working with local and global teams while influencing the organization at all levels
- Experience as a business owner for a broad platform of projects and operating as the go-to resource for the engineering organization, customer support team, and all partners.
- Interpersonal communication skills both oral and written
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love building opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Kijiji is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: