Senior Project Manager, AgileToronto, Ontario Requisition Number R0033254 Subsidiary Kijiji
Kijiji is the #1 online classifieds site in Canada. As one of Canada’s top 10 most-visited digital properties, we reach more than half of Canadian internet users monthly. We’re a leader in helping Canadians find and trade goods and services in their local communities, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We’re proud of our engaged, entrepreneurial and collaborative culture, and we were recently named one of the top Toronto Tech Employer Brands.2 Our stylish office is located in the historic King and Spadina neighbourhood in Toronto’s hub of innovation.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to work closely with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
Come join our team in Toronto, we are looking for a:
Senior Project Manager, Agile
You will be part of the Kijiji Agile team located in Toronto. We work entrepreneurially and quickly respond to changes as they emerge across our sizeable and vibrant user base. You will help dynamically execute on our go-to-market strategy to test, learn, and iterate. This opportunity to work for a startup organization, nestled within one of the greatest ecommerce companies in the world, is truly one-of-a-kind. In this role, you help coordinate engineering efforts across a geographically distributed multifaceted team. In addition, you will lead the Agile Scrum process with the part of that team collocated with you in Toronto, as well as manage execution and delivery. You will report to the Program Manager, Agile and contribute to continuously champion and propagate recognized Agile practices.
We are looking for an well experienced individual who is motivated, entrepreneurial, hands-on, analytical, organized, and not afraid to work hard to achieve something great. This person needs a focus on customer needs, communicate clearly, and have a structured approach to problems and projects. Being well-versed in best-in-class websites/apps, being a self-starter, and constantly asking “why” are invaluable traits of an expert Agile practitioner. At the same time, a proven Project Management track record complements your ability to report, engage and manage partners and have a general sensibility for intricate team dynamics.
- Manage a geographically distributed team with diverse reporting structures and accountability models
- Improve communication between distributed parts of the team to ensure timely availability of deliverables as well as required intra team support
- Apply your Scrum Master expertise across one or more teams
- Promote, educate on and champion recognized Agile practices
- Balance projects and handle numerous tasks every day
- Work with our Product Managers and UI/UX designers in their quest to deliver tangible value to our large user community
- Ensure on time delivery of all product development and launches
- Engage stakeholders and manage expectations throughout proposition creation, development, and launch
- Track and analyze the performance of our Agile process to improve the productivity of our technical team overall
- Continually evolve responsibilities with the team and the business needs, given its startup nature
- Full time professional Project Management experience in online and/or ecommerce
- A consistent record of effective project management skills and partner management
- Proven track record of managing teams spanning multiple time zones and across different cultures
- True and deep understanding of Agile practice, with confirmed past Agile experience as a Scrum Master
- Ability to balance multiple related projects with varying degrees of complexity and maintain an organized strategy and plan
- Strong analytical background as well as a data-driven approach
- Great partner management skills especially across team members, a matrix organization, external agencies, and other internal leadership
- Get-stuff-done, entrepreneurial attitude and mind-set
- Quick learner, with adept ability to process and adapt new information efficiently
- Hard worker and committed teammate who shares in our vision
- Effective communicator as well as presenter with extraordinary attention to detail
What we offer:
- A versatile job in a dynamic and rapidly growing company, anchored in the global eBay organization.
- Opportunity to be an influential part of the leadership of an entrepreneurial venture
- An international environment with attractive compensation and career and professional development opportunities
- A great office location on vibrant King West, with a suite of amenities: table soccer, table tennis, free healthy snacks and soft drinks, many different types of coffee, fresh daily fruit, Friday catered lunches and regular team fun activities
- An exciting, fun and diverse team, passion for what we do and how we do it, and a good sense of humor
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Kijiji is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself