Strategy Associate, eBay (Classifieds)Toronto, Canada Requisition Number R0036802
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is a leader in online classifieds, with a collection of global brands. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – jobs, homes, furniture, cars, and new friends. Every connection made makes a difference by building a world where people share more and waste less! People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust. Our brands – BilBasen, DBA, 2dehands/2ememain, eBay Kleinanzeigen, Gumtree, Kijiji, Marktplaats.nl, mobile.de, Motors.co.uk, and Vivanuncios – offer online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities around the world!
We are seeking to hire a Strategy Associate for eBay (Classifieds) covering the following businesses (Kijiji Canada), Emerging Markets (Gumtree South Africa, Vivanuncios Mexico) and US Vehicles (eBay Motors) businesses. This role will report into the Head of Strategy of these markets and is a key member of the broader eCG Finance team. As the selected individual, you will help answer strategic and operational questions that relate to marketplace dynamics, user behavior, performance measurement, financial planning, and potential M&A or partnership opportunities. To succeed in this role, you will require strong business sense and have the ability to work at a strategic level to drive initiatives for directors and above. Finally, the role entails the possibility of high degree of autonomy as we may ask you to lead select initiatives with key individuals across the organization.
- Support regular business reviews though consolidating, synthesizing, and preparing executive-level presentations
- Prepare high-quality business analyses, market insights, and modeling on ad hoc projects for key partners
- Monitor the competitive landscape, identify trends from the market and industry data, and make compelling strategic business recommendations
- Work with global teams as required on strategic projects and benchmarking initiatives
- Maintain local M&A target and potential partnership lists, and, as opportunities arise, help model and own processes to structure commercial terms
- Contribute to business case development for commercial opportunities & gaps
- Help with the annual 3-year planning process and budgeting cycle, and work cross-functionally to consolidate input on potential initiatives and the external environment
- Partner across business functions to help craft operating initiatives and plans
- MBA / Master’s degree preferred
- Proven track record of effective performance at all professional and educational career stages
- 5+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy or similar role where structuring ambiguous problems, using data to tackle those problems, and communicating the results to executives is key
- Previous experience in, or strong affinity with the Online, Media, or Technology space
- Excellent analytical thinking, technical analysis, and data manipulation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills with high attention to detail, ability to build impactful management presentations
- Willingness to work during periods with high workloads (including weekends when required)
- Strong project management skills and ability to multi-task
- High energy and able to work in a results-oriented, dynamic, and fast growth environment
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships and influence others
- Ability to travel globally (though mostly, California)
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Kijiji is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: