Data Science Intern (NLP)Zurich, Switzerland Requisition Number R0038277
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to craft how the world buys, sells, and gives. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a substantial impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for supporting small businesses on succeed to help craft the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
As a data scientist intern you will be joining the customer marketing science team working on a 6-months project passionate about extracting information from unstructured customer feedback from various internal and external sources. The customer marketing science team consists of data scientists and is split across three geographies. The intern position will be based in Zurich, Switzerland.
The candidate should enjoy applying research to real-world problems.
- Currently enrolled in a Masters program or holding a Masters degree in computer science, statistics, engineering, mathematics, physics, or similar.
- Excellent logical, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Base understanding of NLP and a strong interest to learn more in that area. Should be familiar with tasks such as sentiment and topic analysis, text classification, word and text embeddings.
- Good understanding of machine learning algorithms both supervised and unsupervised. Familiarity with ML & NLTK tool-kits such as scikit-learn, caret, nltk.
- Scripting and programming: good working knowledge in Python, any other language is a plus.
- Knowledge of at least one deep learning framework such as Tensorflow, Keras or Torch is preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; very good command of spoken and written English
We are looking to hire for this position as soon as possible with starting dates to be agreed with the candidate Interested. It is also possible to reduce the length of the internship, the minimum length is 3-months, but 6-months are preferred.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: